Friday, March 20, 2020

It's the year 2020...

There can only be one reason and one reason only why I am writing again.

This is the year 2020. There has been a virus outbreak. Nationwide, rulers urge their people to stay at home as this is deadly. The world is ceasing to exist...

Well, alright. Part of it is not true such as the sole reason for me to write again is because of a pandemic, but the rest of it is happening. We are all told to keep ourselves safe and quarantined at home for two weeks.

It's the year 2020. You would think there's much to do at home. There is not, for me at least.

So, now I'm here. Trying to keep myself sane by writing my thoughts and feelings. To be fair, I really have been thinking of writing again.

It's the year 2020. You would think that I've gotten my shit together.

I really miss writing. Right now, placing my fingers on my mum's old laptop, typing on these keyboards... It feels sort of liberating. I can't tell you the countless Twitter drafts and iPhone notes that I have saved. Countless!

What sucks about keeping your thoughts in your phone is that is is easily deleted. If I accidentally log out of Twitter, goodbye drafts. If my phone is incapable of storage, goodbye notes.

Today is quarantine day... Two? Three? I can't tell. Turtles move quicker than the days are.

The project of getting my shit together has been on hold for the longest of time. You would think that fourteen days would give me a pass. Unfortunately, it's classic me all over again. Demotivation. This is fairly due to knowing that I have to spend my days in my room, alone, in the dark. And since it is quarantine, I'm unable to see my friends. You would think we have speed internet and able to use group video calls properly.

It's the year 2020, technology keeps on failing us.

The first step to being productive is cleaning my room. So far, it has not been great. Flyknit found a rat and I battled two cockroaches - one fucking flew, last night. All that made me stress and end up sleeping on the couch in front of the TV.

I have some ideas up my sleeve on how I want my room to look like. Will it turn to reality? We'll find out.

Can you believe it's the year 2020? Only nine months to go.