Sunday, June 12, 2016

May Favourites 2016

Ramadhan Kareem, everybody! I hope the start of the holy month is treating you well. So far, things have been going up and down, but I guess that's how the universe works. Allah takes away something, but he gives you another. Speaking of which, Nisa and Raihan pulled the surprise of the year. Yes, they're back, and I'm more than happy to spend all my time just seeing everyone's faces. I'd say the funniest and best one goes to Raihan. Supposedly, we were meant to have dinner at Shah Alam but ended up at her house with her stinky face showing up at the door, but it was worth it. The things you do for the people you love...

That's the reason why I've been m.i.a and been keeping this post for long. I did so much last week, but moving on... I sort of want to start doing a favourites post. I've had the idea for my YouTube channel but since I'm not posting videos anymore, I decide to write down the stuff that I have been loving for the past month. Fair warning, I wanted to do a cool layover/aesthetic/tumblr photo of all my favourite things, but like I said, I don't have the time and I want to get this post up as soon as possible. I'll try and link photos wherever I can!

MAY FAVES '16
  1. So, this first item kind of let me down this past weekend. It's a pair of platforms that I bought from Brands Outlet. However, the pros are way more than the cons. So, the retail price rates at RM 49.90, but this was a promotion for a Buy 1 Free 1, and I got a pair of sandals for when I perform pilgrimage. Haven't tried those yet, so I'll keep you updated. Basically, the price a pair is RM25-ish. The shoes are black and the platforms are about 3 inches. It's all made of rubber and the front strap is sequin, the strap of the shoes are made of velcro. Just imagine something like this with sequins on the top strap and a velcro buckle. I wore these to the Little Mix concert (which, by the way, was FREAKING AMAZING), and it did not hurt my feel at all! Since the material is rubber, it feels bouncy and the platforms are high so the bottom of my feet doesn't sore by the end of the concert. Plus, it gives me the proper height I need. Even though it's great at most angles, it is a cheap pair of shoes. Since I've been lasak, the strap... Haih... b r o k e. But, nothing like some UHU should fix the problem. The main reason these pair are my absoloute fave is because my previous shoes were such a disappointment, and I'm talking about the ones I got from Cotton On and H&M... What a let down, although Cotton On does have really great sales right now, so that should correlate.
  2. These next items have something to do with scents. I'd love to show you my fragrance collection one day, but in order to do that, we'll need some super high-tech that allows y'all to smell things. Step you game up, 21st Century! Believe it or not, these eau de toilette are from Zara. Yes, ZARA. And they're pretty cheap, too! I bought two because I was unable to hold myself back. When I see a shelf full of beautiful scents, I go crazy. I spent about fifteen minutes deciding what to choose, when I eventually bought two. So, the first one is called Apple Juice and it smells like, you guessed it, apples. Just imagine DKNY's Be Delicious, but less strong and a bit more sweet. It comes with the prettiest little packaging, at that's what got me. It's apple green on the top half and just these palm leaves on the other half. Très chic. The other one is called Joyful Tuberose, which is from the Weekend Collection. The packaging is definitely simple, but still pretty. It's hard for me to describe the scent because I think it's a gender neutral scent. It has a tiny bit of musk but is still very sweet as well, which is great because I've never own a fragrance like this before. So, moment of truth... Retail prices are at... *drum rolls* RM 45.90!!! For a 100ml? Come on, that's the best deal. Even the mini rollers from Sephora costs more. However, these are eau de toilettes, so it doesn't last the whole day, but it's still as strong as a regular parfum.
  3. As for makeup, I haven't got a lot of products to venture around because #brokepeopleprobs but a friend of mine came back from the UK and got me some cheek products! One of which is the Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in the shade Sun Bronze which I think is the darkest shade. I first bought this product two years ago when I was in London and I was so obsessed with it! Of course, I couldn't get any Rimmel products here and not a lot of drugstore brands sell bronzers (if there are any and you could suggest me some, please do!). Not only that it's cheap, but it gives me the perfect amount of sculpt on the hollows of my cheeks. 
  4. The next item is also another product from which my friend gave me, and it's the Makeup Revolution Vivid Bake Highlighter in the shade Golden Lights. This has been the best thing ever. At first I thought I didn't like it because it has a yellow undertone but the more I wear it the more I realize how it matches my cheek bones. Also, it's a nice transition from using the highlighters on eyeshadow palettes. She bought me another highlighter as well, which is the Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter by Makeup Academy in Opalescent Amber which is a pink highlight. I've tried it once, and I thought it was a little too light so I usually use this one to highlight my brow bone if I were to do a "no makeup" makeup.
  5. This one is a bit old school, but still gold. One of my favourites this past month has been the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. The shade I have is in Golden Beige and my goodness, I forgot how amazing the coverage is! Not only that, but it does last quite a long time. I transitioned from foundation to BB Creams to BB Cushions and I never liked the base I have, but somehow this old product has worked fantastically. Is it just me? I definitely need to go back and get another. 
  6. Aside from fashion and makeup, I've also been obsessed with a few other things. A few weeks ago, I was hanging out with a friend of mine and she turned on some jams. She played Blackbear. I only know one Blackbear song which is idfc and all I thought was "This is such a white fckboii song." but my friend played other of his tunes and I loved it. Some of the songs I'm obsessed with are 4u, 90210, NYLA and idfc Acoustic. I listen to this in the morning when I drive to college and it gets me in the best mood. So, if you ever wanna hear a white boy complain, this is your chance.
And that's all the favourites that I have. I hope I don't forget to make more favourites soon. And I hope I can get to show you guys photos instead of doing a bad job describing them!